You can cook Pollo Almendrado using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pollo Almendrado
- It’s 100 g of almond.
- You need 6 of Chile ancho (dry).
- It’s 1 of Roma tomato.
- Prepare 1/4 of white onion.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1/4 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of to taste Salt.
- Prepare of To taste pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of clove.
- It’s 1/4 of chocolate (abuelita for best results).
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
Pollo Almendrado step by step
- Prepare chicken broth. For best results, boil chicken with cilantro, onion, garlic, pepper, salt..
- Clean the Chile anchor (remove seeds and veins) and boil them until they become soft.
- Toast the almonds.
- Fry tomato and onion until they change color.
- Blend the onion, tomato, almond, Chile ancho, chocolate, cinammon, garlic, the clove, cumin, salt and pepper and a little bit of broth.
- Strain the mix into a pot, add seasoning as needed, and mix with a little more broth, until you have a thick sauce.
- Serve with chicken, rice, and some tortillas, and enjoy!.