Christmas pinwheel cookies. These adorable Pinwheel Cookies are perfect for the holidays! Reviews for: Photos of Christmas Pinwheel Cookies. Christmas Pinwheel Cookies: I have been wanting to make these Christmas Pinwheel Cookies for the past few years.
These cookies are super festive and easy to make! Your kids will love colouring the dough and rolling it into pinwheel shapes! An easy and festive pinwheel cookie, perfect for the Christmas season! You can have Christmas pinwheel cookies using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas pinwheel cookies
- It’s 3 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter Softened.
- Prepare 1 cups of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of Red Food Coloring.
- It’s of Green Food Coloring.
- It’s of Christmas Sprinkles.
A must make for all sugar cookie fans! We're officially in the home stretch… less than two weeks until Christmas! This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Christmas pinwheel cookies instructions
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the fours, baking powder and salt..
- Then in a separate mixing bowl, blend together the softened butter with the sugar until smooth (use a hand held or stand up mixer for this). Then add in the egg and vanilla and blend until combine..
- Then gradually hand stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix..
- Divide the dough evenly into 2 separate bowls. (i did 3).
- Dye one bowl of the dough red with the red food coloring and the other green with the green food coloring. Stir in the food coloring until the color is completely incorporated..
- Wrap each dough with wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour until the dough is firm..
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Then place the red dough on parchment paper or wax paper. Lightly dust with flour. Then with a rolling pin, roll out the dough until a rectangle approximately 1/4 in thick..
- Follow the same process with the green dough..
- Then place the green dough on top of the red dough leaving the parchment paper or wax paper on the outside of the dough..
- Then remove the top wax or parchment paper. Gently roll the rolling pin over the top so that the doughs stick together..
- Then roll the log gently starting on one side of the rectangle and gently remove the bottom wax or parchment paper as you roll. (If the dough is too soft, refrigerate it again so that it’s easier to work with)..
- Next pour the sprinkles on a baking sheet. After the log has been formed, gently roll the log in the sprinkles so that they stick to the outside of the log..
- Then wrap the entire log with plastic wrap after it’s formed and refrigerate it for 30 minutes-1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the log from the refrigerator, unwrap and cut the log into 1/4 inch thick slices to make the cookies and place them on an uncreased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches a part. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are set..
- Remove the the oven, cool for approximately 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- You can find the kits in the stores if your lucky but the recipe makes more cookies.
Christmas pinwheel cookies are fun, festive, and deliciously sweet. Make this recipe with either homemade or store bought cookie dough. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will No Who down in Who-ville can resist the mesmerizing swirls of Christmas Pinwheel Cookies. These Whoville cookies (Christmas Pinwheel Cookies) are a fun and yummy sugar cookie. Red and green make these cookies festive and fun for christmas.