Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies). Snowball Cookies© This cookie has many names. Italian wedding, Mexican Wedding, even Russia Tea Cookies, etc, etc. One thing for sure is it would appear.
Once all the snowballs are coated and cooled, re-coat them all, adding confectioners' sugar to the bowl as needed. The best vegan Italian wedding cookies recipe a.k.a. Christmas snowball cookies made with walnuts and hazelnuts then coated in fluffy powdered sugar just like a snowball. You can have Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies)
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of room temp butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans(use your nut of choice).
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of powdered sugar for rolling.
These little powdery cookies go by a few names, butterballs, snowballs or Italian Wedding Cookies. Italian Wedding Christmas Cookies, Italian Wedding Cookies, Also called — Snowball Cookies, Snowballs, Russian Tea Cakes, #christmascookies · These easy Mexican Wedding Cookies have walnuts in the dough and are rolled in powdered sugar so they look exactly like snowballs! Italian wedding cookies, Italian christmas cookies, or Anise cookies (…but mine are almond flavored.) Sometimes, when the baker would add too much flour, these cookies would taste quiet dry – but those were good for dunking in coffee! Italian Cookies – these soft round cookies are dipped in creamy glaze, then topped with colorful sprinkles.
Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. But butter til light and add 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Beat well. Add nuts, salt, and vanilla and beat well..
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix until well combined. I use a small cookie scoop. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on parchment. Bake 15 minutes, no browning. Let cool a minute or two then roll in powdered sugar. Easy peasy..
A fun cookie for any occasion, and Have you ever tried Italian Wedding Cookies before? Italian cookies are traditionally flavored with anise, but no one in my family likes the taste of black. POPULAR cookies at parties, weddings or on a cookie tray. These are also the same cookies that our dear Meme calls butter balls. Yield is approximate as it depends on how large you form each.