Delicious Crema Catalana with Rum.
You can cook Delicious Crema Catalana with Rum using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Crema Catalana with Rum
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 80 grams of Milk.
- It’s 40 grams of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 15 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 grams of Cornstarch or plain flour.
- It’s 1 of dessertspoon-1 tablespoon Rum.
- Prepare 1 of rounded tablespoon per ramekin Granulated sugar for caramelizing.
Delicious Crema Catalana with Rum step by step
- Heat the milk and heavy cream in a small pot and remove from the heat just before it reaches boiling point..
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar until pale yellow (as if to blanchir)..
- Add the sifted cornstarch or flour all at once..
- Slowly add the rum and the heated milk with heavy cream. Mix them thoroughly..
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, put it back in the small pot and simmer over low-medium heat..
- Quickly mix with a spatula in the same way as making a custard cream..
- When it starts to thicken, turn off the heat immediately (it's done when it drips slowly from the spatula)..
- Pour into the ramekins and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top. Take a metal spoon and hold it in a gas flame until hot..
- When the spoon is heated, place it over the sugared top and move it around until it sizzles..
- When you repeat this a few times, the sugar gets golden brown in color and forms a crispy top..
- If you are serving them cold, you can enjoy the crispy top by following the processes after Step 8 once they are chilled..