Indian Coconut Dessert.
You can cook Indian Coconut Dessert using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Coconut Dessert
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut.
- You need 1 can of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Your choice of nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc.).
- It’s 20 of Saffron (optional).
- You need 1 of Sugar.
Indian Coconut Dessert instructions
- Slowly heat 1/2 cup or more of the condensed milk in a pan, and simmer until it thickens. This step requires a lot of patience. Carefully boil off the water content without scalding..
- Roast the nuts. Feel free to use your choice of nuts..
- Next, crush the nuts as shown..
- Put the saffron into a small amount of milk to draw out the color. Once the milk is colored, remove the saffron, add the milk to the pan from Step 1, and continue to slowly boil off the water content..
- Dry roast the shredded coconut. This should also be done slowly to prevent burning..
- Roast until the coconut is flaky and dry, and browns to the color shown..
- Once the milk from Step 1 has completely thickened, add the nuts and the coconut from Steps 3 and 6, then cool. Add sugar to taste..
- Pour into molds of your choice (I used a plastic tray, since it's easy to break the pieces), or pour into a tray. Sprinkle with nuts, then chill in the refrigerator until it sets, then serve..