Pirozhnoe Kartoshka (Russian Dessert).
You can have Pirozhnoe Kartoshka (Russian Dessert) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pirozhnoe Kartoshka (Russian Dessert)
- You need 1 loaf of Sliced bread.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 200 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 can of Condensed milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
Pirozhnoe Kartoshka (Russian Dessert) instructions
- Make panko first. Break up the sliced bread into small pieces, put in a food processor and make panko. I use a hand blender with a chopper attachment at home..
- Set aside 1 cupful of panko. Put the rest of the panko in a bowl, add the cocoa powder, and mix well..
- Melt the butter, and mix in the condensed milk and the milk to it. Add that to the panko, little by little, and mix..
- When everything is mixed together, roll the mixture into barrel-shapes..
- Coat the barrel-shaped dough with the panko from Step 2..
- Place the breadcrumb-coated dough in a plastic container, chill in the fridge overnight, and it's done. You can keep it in the freezer as well..
- This is the sliced bread I used this time. I think you can make this with store-bought panko too, but adjust the amount of liquid as they are very dry..
- This is the condensed milk I used. It was a light type condensed milk, and I thought it wasn't quite sweet enough..