Greek honey Christmas cookies 🇬🇷. It's just one of those recipes. These Greek Christmas honey cookies (melomakarona) are super quick to bake, so much fun to make and highly addictive! Making these sweet little Greek honey cookies always makes me realize that it's Christmas time!
Ever heard of Greek honey cookies? They are quite addictive, you've got to give them a try! Traditionally eaten at Christmas but, what the heck they're delicious at any time of year! You can have Greek honey Christmas cookies 🇬🇷 using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek honey Christmas cookies 🇬🇷
- You need of Ingredients for the syrup.
- You need 2 of + 3/4 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 700 ml of water.
- You need 1 cup of honey.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 3 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1 of sliced orange.
- It’s of Ingredients for the dough.
- It’s 1 kg of flour for all uses.
- You need 1 cup of fine semolina.
- Prepare 240 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 280 ml of seed oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of orange juice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon baking soda.
- You need 3 of teaspoon cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon cloves.
- You need 1/3 of teaspoon nutmeg.
- It’s of Grate 2 oranges.
Greek Christmas honey cookies – raw! There's no way you'll be able to eat just one! These are soft cookies dipped in a honey syrup and covered with chopped walnuts. This is another of the few recipes my grandmother handed down to my mom and then my mom to me.
Greek honey Christmas cookies 🇬🇷 instructions
- ••●How to make the syrup●•••••.
- Place all the ingredients except the honey in a saucepan to boil..
- Once they boil, remove from the heat and add the honey, stirring. Finally, let the syrup cool well..
- ••●How to make the dough●•••••.
- Put in a bowl the olive oil, the seed oil, the orange juice, the icing sugar, the baking soda, the cinnamon, the clove, the nutmeg and the zest. Mix them with a whisk or in the mixer on medium speed..
- In a second bowl, sift the flour and the semolina..
- In the bowl with the liquids add little by little the mixture with the solids..
- We shape the melomakarona to the size and shape we want by placing them in a pan with oil paste..
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 ° with air) for about 20 minutes until golden brown..
- As they come out of the oven as hot as they are, we throw them in the syrup for about 15 seconds..
- For serving, sprinkle with honey and walnuts..
I'm so grateful to have and remember them every time I bake these cookies. Melomakarona – Greek Christmas Cookies Koulourakia – Greek Butter Cookies Cut-Out Orange Sugar Cookies Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Cookies. The greatest time of the year has come! This means that we'll taste some of our. Honey cookies with walnuts, aromas of the sweet spices, soaked in delicious honey syrup!