You can cook Meringues Cookies using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meringues Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of egg white.
- You need 1 cup of sugar (more or less).
- You need 2 tsp of or more lemon juice.
- You need of Food coloring (optional).
Meringues Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit or 90 Celcius. Line up the parchment paper on the baking sheet and set asides..
- Using stand mixer or large bowl if using hand mixer, add the egg whites and beat until the egg whites are hold soft peak in a medium speed.
- Then add the sugar a few spoonfuls at a time with the mixer running. Continue to add the sugar very gradually, and once all of the sugar is added beat the egg whites mixture until they are very thick (the whites should have a very stiff peak).
- Add color of you choice. If you want use only one color, add a small amount of food coloring to the mixing bowl and fold it in to the meringue mixture with a spatula, stirring gently. If you want to make multiple colors, divide the meringue first and add the color into each batch with your desired color..
- Scoop your meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large tip (a star tip or a round tip) both work well..
- Pipe the meringues mixture on the baking sheets, about 1 – 1 ½ inches wide. Bake the cookie at 200F or 90C for 60 minutes. The timing is depending on your oven and the size of the maringues. If the maringues are bigger and you might bake it longer..
- After 60 minutes, turn off the oven, keep the door closed, and allow the meringues to sit until completely cool..
- Once the meringues are crisp and room temperature, carefully remove them from the parchment paper. And you can store it in a cool, dry place in an airtight container. Enjoy!.
- HappyCooking and HappyBaking❤️.