Candy Corn Sugar Cookies.
You can have Candy Corn Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need of Candy corns, for topping.
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until creamed together. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides as needed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed until combined. Dough will be thick. Scoop about 2 tbsp. of dough per cookie and roll into balls. Place the dough balls onto a plate, cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (and up to 4 days)..
- Once the dough has chilled and you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.arrange the dough balls onto the trays, about 3 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. The centers should still look very soft. Immediately press a couple of candy corn gently into the tops of each cookie..
- Let them cool on the trays for 5 minutes, before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week..