Pecan pie ice cream. Stove-top custard reminiscent of pecan pie filling is swirled in after churning to create an ice cream that tastes like pecan pie à la mode. Because this is a large-yield recipe, you'll need to use an old-fashioned ice-cream churn. This pecan pie ice cream tastes way more like pecans than molasses—when's the last time you could say that about the pie?
Making the vanilla custard for this French-style ice cream is a delicate operation, like producing hollandaise, because of the fragile nature of eggs when they are heated. Pecans are mixed into the crust and the vanilla ice cream, ensuring each bite is filled with buttery, sweet nuts. Once churned, stir candied pecans into ice cream, and then transfer ice cream to pie crust, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. You can have Pecan pie ice cream using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan pie ice cream
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of dark corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of pecans (can omit if you want to).
- It’s 1-2 cups of heavy cream (to taste).
- Prepare 1-2 cups of milk (to taste).
Be the first to rate & review! Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. Classic Pecan Pie Recipe – How to Make Perfect Pecan Pie. Making this ice cream pie allowed me to take a trip down memory lane.
Pecan pie ice cream instructions
- Mix in small pot the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Simmer for 2 min and let cool.
- Mix in bowl the eggs, salt, and 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Mix together when cool then add heavy cream and milk to taste. Will fill up 1-2 wonton containers probably. Freeze in chest freezer for 6 hours or more.
One of the cookies I remember most from my childhood are Sandies Pecan Shortbread Cookies. In a mixing bowl, combine the caster sugar and egg yolks together. In a saucepan, melt together the muscovado sugar and butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey, finely chopped pecans, beaten egg and cinnamon. Pecan pie is a pie of pecan nuts mixed with a filling of eggs, butter, and sugar (typically corn syrup).