Kadin Gobegi – Ladies' Navels Dessert.
You can cook Kadin Gobegi – Ladies' Navels Dessert using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kadin Gobegi – Ladies' Navels Dessert
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of plain (all purpose) flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of semolina.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of sunflower oil (for deep-frying).
- It’s 1 of pistachio for garnish.
- You need of Syrup.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of juice of one lemon.
Kadin Gobegi – Ladies' Navels Dessert instructions
- Make the syrup. Put the sugar and the water into a heavy pan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. When the sugar has desolved, stir in the lemon juice and lower the heat, stirring for 10 more minutes until the syrup has thickened a little. Leave to cool..
- Put butter, salt and 1 cup water in another heavy pan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add the flour and semolina, beating all the time until the mixture becomes smooth and leaves the side of the ban. Leave to cool..
- Beat the eggs into the cooled mixture so that it gleams. Add 1 tbsp of the cooled syrup and beat well..
- Pour enough oil for deep-frying into a wok or another deep-sided pan. Heat until just warm, then remove the pan from the heat. Wet your hands and take an apricot – size piece of dough in your fingers. Roll into a ball, flatten it in the palm of your hand, then use your finger to make an indentation in the middle to resemble a navel..
- Drop the dough into the pan of warmed oil. Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make about 12 navels..
- Place the pan back over the heat. Swirl the oil, until the pastries swell and turn golden all over. Remove the navels from the oil with a slotted spoon, then toss them in the cooled syrup. Leave to soak for a few minutes, arrange in a serving dish and spoon some of the syrup over..