Hydrangeas (Traditional Japanese Dessert).
You can have Hydrangeas (Traditional Japanese Dessert) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hydrangeas (Traditional Japanese Dessert)
- You need 2 grams of Kanten powder.
- It’s 150 ml of Water.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mizuame.
- Prepare 1 of Food coloring (red and blue).
- Prepare 1 of White bean paste (store-bought).
Hydrangeas (Traditional Japanese Dessert) instructions
- Measure out the ingredients. Dissolve the food coloring in water and set aside..
- Pour the water into a pot, add the agar powder, and heat while stirring to dissolve..
- When the agar powder has dissolved, add the sugar and mizuame and dissolve. Simmer slightly (for less than a minute)..
- Transfer Step 3 to a bowl and add the food coloring dissolved in water (add a bit at a time until it reaches your desired coloring)..
- Transfer to a container and let cool to harden. The container should be large enough to allow it to spread to a thickness of about 5 mm..
- Once it has hardened, remove from the container!!.
- Cut into cubes (I made them into 5 mm cubes)..
- Roll the white bean paste into balls. I didn't bother measuring how many grams per ball. Since they'll be coated in the kanten, take that into account when determining the size..
- Coat the white bean paste in the kanten and it's done. Attach the kanten your hands or use a cloth..