Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥. These walnut cookies are so reminiscent of my childhood. I remember my parents often bringing them home from work and now I can enjoy this fragrant, crumbly. 核桃酥，桃酥, Chinese walnut cookies, 家庭制作，秘方公布。傳統點心，宮廷風味。無須低筋面粉，用普通面粉即可。色澤金黃，香甜酥脆，日常零食，人人喜愛。by 众品味 Peoples Taste#核桃酥 #Chinesewalnutcookies #桃酥食材 (Ingredients). Chinese Walnut Cookies (核桃酥) – These Chinese-style walnut cookies feature a crispy and crumbly texture and heavenly walnut aroma.
It also one of the traditional cookies that we give to people when we get marry. Very easy to make, with chopped walnuts inside and you can always top with one more walnut, more walnuts, why not?! Chinese walnut cookies, also called Hup Toh Soh 核桃酥 in Cantonese, are an old-style favourite Chinese New Year (CNY) cookies that is crunchy, nutty with mild earthy fragrance. You can have Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥 using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥
- Prepare 230 g of cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda (3g).
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder (2g).
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter (4oz or 113g) – room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar (100g).
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg beaten – room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely chopped toasted walnuts (88g).
- It’s 12 of raw walnut halves.
Cookies are often given as gifts or served to friends and family when they visit your house during CNY. Chinese walnut cookie (核桃酥)is a popular dessert for both kids and parents. We use 桃酥 to describe any crunchy cookies. There are several different varieties of Chinese walnut cookie.
Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥 instructions
- Combine the cake flour, baking soda and baking powder and sift it..
- Beat the egg and set aside 3-4 teaspoons of it to be used as egg wash later. Keep the remaining..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt together by a mixer or by hand. I did it by hand..
- Add the flour mixture, toasted walnuts and egg in to the butter mixture and combine. The mixture will be flaky at first but slowly work into it and combine until it's a ball. I combined the mixture by hand and kneaded it into a ball..
- Divide the ball into 12 equal portions and roll each into a ball..
- For each ball, take the walnut half and press it in the center..
- Cover and let the cookies rest for 15-20 mins. Near the end of the time, take the egg wash and brush it on each cookie..
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Bake the cookies for 20 mins. When done, let the cookies sit in the oven for 5 mins before removing..
But they share lots of similarities. This is a super easy recipe only needing a few steps. If you love traditional walnut cookies (核桃酥, Hup Toh Soh), this is a simple recipe for you. The ingredients are simple, no electric mixer is needed, you can whisk up everything by hand, shape them and they are ready to go into the oven. This is a quick and easy traditional walnut cookie which is.