Salted Egg Yolk Cookies.
You can cook Salted Egg Yolk Cookies using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
- You need of Cookie dough.
- You need 2 of salted duck egg yolks.
- Prepare 70 g (5 tbsp) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 25 g (2 tbsp) of granulated sugar.
- You need 80 g of (½ cup+2 tbsp) all-purpose flour.
- You need 9 g (1 tbsp) of corn starch.
- You need 1/4 tsp of table salt.
- You need of Egg wash.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of water.
- Prepare of black sesame seeds for topping.
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies instructions
- Steam the salted egg yolks for 10 minutes. Mash them into fine crumbs while still warm. Set aside..
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together for 2 minutes..
- Sieve in flour, corn starch, and salt. Add the salted egg. Switch to a silicone spatula and mix until it becomes a homogeneous dough. If the dough feels sticky on your finger, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes until it is easier to handle. If not, continue to shaping..
- Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll into a thickness of 1/4-inch (0.5cm)..
- Remove the upper sheet of paper. Cut-out as many pieces with a cookie cutter. Transfer them onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Gather the leftover dough and repeat the rolling process. If using a 1-1/4" (3cm) flower cookie cutter, you should be able to get at least 45 pieces..
- To make the egg wash, whisk the egg yolk and water together. Brush it over the top of each cookie dough. Finally, top each with sesame seeds..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack..