Gulab Jamun (very popular Indian dessert).
You can have Gulab Jamun (very popular Indian dessert) using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulab Jamun (very popular Indian dessert)
- You need 6 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of balls.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk powder.
- You need 4 tsp of white flour.
- You need 2 tsp of semolina flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 1 pinch of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 of oil for deep frying the balls.
- It’s 1 of For the sugar syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
Gulab Jamun (very popular Indian dessert) instructions
- For the syrup.
- Put the sugar and water and the cardamoms in a saucepan. Bring it to boil..
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for about 5 mins then add the lemon juice 1 tsp and saffron. Switch it off and cover..
- For the balls:.
- In a mixing bowl, take milk powder, white flour, baking soda and semolina and combine..
- Add the lemon juice and margarine and mix well with your fingers until u get a crumbly texture..
- Add milk, the dough may appear sticky. Let it rest for 5 minutes..
- TIP: if the dough feels dry, add some more milk 1 tbsp at a time. The dough should be soft and moist to get soft smooth balls..
- Make small balls using your palms. Cover the balls with a damp kitchen towel. Heat oil and frytil golden brown, turning them every now and then to get even colour..
- Remove from oil and put them in the warm syrup and let it soak for about 15-20mins. Serve cold..