Taro Dessert (Taro Balls + Sweet Syrup).
You can cook Taro Dessert (Taro Balls + Sweet Syrup) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taro Dessert (Taro Balls + Sweet Syrup)
- You need 1 of net 100 grams Taro root.
- Prepare of Water (for boiling).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tapioca powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White sugar.
- It’s 3 grams of Purple yam powder.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- You need 50 grams of White sugar.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- It’s 5 of Goji berries.
Taro Dessert (Taro Balls + Sweet Syrup) step by step
- Peel the taro. Boil in water until soft. Remove from the water, then mash while still hot. Add the tapioca powder, katakuriko, white sugar, and purple yam powder, and mix well..
- Use a spoon to take out about 10 g worth at a time and use both hands to shape into balls. This time, I made 19 as shown in the picture..
- Bring water to a boil, add the taro balls, and boil. Once they bob to the surface, they should be done boiling. Remove the taro, then clean with cold water..
- Make the syrup. Bring water to a boil and dissolve the sugar. Add the washed taro balls into the syrup and it's done If you make the syrup first, you can make it into a cold dessert. A lot of people like eating it hot during the cold winter months..
- How about that? It's so chewy!.
- For the syrup, you can sauté a bit of light brown sugar until it becomes a caramel-like color, then add a bit of water and simmer for a bit to make a caramel-colored syrup..