Khatoon (Nan) Panjereh (Persian Dessert).
You can cook Khatoon (Nan) Panjereh (Persian Dessert) using 8 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Khatoon (Nan) Panjereh (Persian Dessert)
- Prepare 150 ml of Starch (or joshinko or shiratamako).
- It’s 3/4 of flour Cake flour.
- It’s 1 of Vanilla powder (or a little bit of vanilla essence) omit if using rose water instead.
- Prepare 4 large of Eggs.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk (or rose water).
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
Khatoon (Nan) Panjereh (Persian Dessert) instructions
- About the cookie molds (rosette irons): In Japan, similar types of molds are sold under names such as "kuchele-style" and "rosette-style" molds..
- Assemble the rosette molds..
- Sift the cake flour..
- Dissolve the starch with about 4 tbsp of rose water or milk (if using joshinko or shiratamako, add more than 100 ml to dissolve). If using shiratamako, use the powdered type since the coarse type is difficult to handle..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Gradually add in a pinch of salt and the cake flour and mix..
- Combine the two batters from Steps 4 and 5 and mix well..
- Add vanilla essence and mix well (omit if using rose water). The batter should be smooth and somewhat on the thin side..
- Soak the mold in heated oil and heat well so the batter will stick well..
- Reduce the heat a slightly after heating the mold. Dip the mold into the batter and let it adhere to about 3/4 the height of mold..
- Deep fry the mold in 160℃ oil..
- Shake the mold a bit while submerged in heated oil. The batter should slide off with ease..
- They should look like this (if the oil temperature is too high, the batter won't slide off easily)..
- Once they turn crispy, flip them upside down and deep fry the other side..
- When they're nice and crispy, remove from the pan to drain and cool..
- After they have cooled, sprinkle with plenty of powdered sugar and they're done. (The one in the picture is made with a smaller mold)..
- All finished!.