Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version).
You can cook Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version)
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 113 g of whole wheat flour.
- You need 80 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1-1.5 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of Other.
- It’s 45 g of butter (room temperature).
- You need 1/4 cup of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.
- You need 40 ml of unsweetened apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large egg (room temperature).
Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) step by step
- Combine and sift under the Dry Ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to combine the sugar and butter. Add the sugar bit by bit to combine well. Whisk on high speed to until the butter is fluffy and the sugar is melted through. High speed – 8.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then mix in the apple sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl and whisk again until combined thoroughly..
- Change the attachment to the paddle/beater. Use low speed (stir/2). Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl bit by bit to ensure that the flour is mixed well..
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and make it into a ball..
- Chill the dough for at least 45 mins in the fridge. Better results if you chill it longer..
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray..
- Cut out your cookies..
- Bake the cookies around 10-15 mins depending on the oven. My oven time was 12 minutes..