Ladybirds Spider Cookies.
You can have Ladybirds Spider Cookies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Spider Cookies
- It’s 125 grams of butter – softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of custard powder.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Ladybirds Spider Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C . Grease and or line a baking tray , i used my maccaroons baking sheet , and set aside till needed ..
- Beat the butter , sugar and vanilla extract together , for about 5 minutes , until pale , light fluffy , then add the egg and beat until well combined ..
- Sift the plain flour and custard powder , together , over the butter mixture in the bowl , and using a wooden spoon , stir to combine all till comes to a dough , split the dough in two , flatten them out , wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes ..
- Take prepared dough from the fridge and knead a little to work the dough , then add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the prepared dough and work them through the dough ..
- Take fingertips full of the prepared dough and roll into a ball then flatten a little and place on prepared baking tray , now taking some of the leftover chocolate chips , place them on top of the prepared cookie on the baking tray and push down a little to set them in the cookie , repeat with remaining cookie dough and chocolate chips until all done ..
- Place prepared cookie filled baking tray in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden ..
- Once cooked remove from the heat and , before the chocolate chips cool , take a toothpick , or the likes , and drag the melted chocolate so to create spider type legs . Or you can let the cookies cool completely , and using a black gel pen , make little squiggle spider legs off the chocolate chips in the cookie ..
- Once all are done , place on a serving plate and serve or store in an airtight container until needed , enjoy . :-).