You can have Pumpkin Torte using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Torte
- It’s 12 of servings.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of pumpkin, divided (NOT pumpkin pie filling).
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, divided.
- You need of Filling Ingredients.
- You need 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 carton (16 oz) of frozen whipped topping, thawed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of caramel ice cream syrup.
- It’s of Pecan halves, toasted.
Pumpkin Torte step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 inch round baking pans with butter, coat evenly with flour..
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl until mixed in..
- Add 1 cup pumpkin, eggs, milk, oil, and 1 teaspoon pie spice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer and divide cake batter between the two prepared pans..
- Bake 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min before removing from pans to wire rack, cool completely..
- To make filling, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in icing sugar, remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and consistent throughout. Fold in whipped topping..
- Using a long, serrated knife, cut each cake in half horizontally. Place one layer on a serving plate, and spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat three times with remaining cake layers and filling..
- Drizzle generously with caramel topping and sprinkle pecans. Store in refrigerator..