You can have Butter cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Milk, as needed (add a splash if the dough is too dry).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Food colouring, optional.
Butter cookies instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer or whisk until light and paler in colour..
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and whisk again. (If you want to pipe your cookies, also add 1/3 cup milk and freeze the piped cookies for about 30 minutes before baking.).
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold it in and mix until a dough forms, if the dough is too dry, add a splash of milk at a time until a firm but slightly soft dough forms..
- Colour the dough as desired if doing so..
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 of an inch thickness and cut out the cookies..
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 325 degrees fahrenheit anywhere between 15 – 20 minutes, depending on how big or thick your cookies are..
- Let them cool completely and glaze and add sprinkles if desired. Or decorate with piping gel or any other sugar glaze. Happy Holidays and Baking and Enjoy!.